Saturday, February 26, 2005

Web use fosters pseudo-ADD

I had to laugh when reading this New York Times article (requires free online registration): You There, at the Computer: Pay Attention.

Whenever I sit down to do some work at the computer, within minutes, I'm checking e-mail, surfing my favourites, clicking on all the stupid pop-ups, going to my list of news sites, opening up my RSS news reader to see if I've "missed anything important"...

Well, at least I can say, it's not me. Psychologists and computer scientists are beginning to study the phenomenon of shortened attention spans in the Internet age. Am I easily distracted? Am I just a curious kind of guy? Or is it the fault of the Internet?

Labels:

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 3:18 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home