Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Clusty Blog/RSS Metasearch Tool

Over at SearchEngineWatch, Gary Price profiles the Clusty blog search tool.

Clusty, owned by Vivisimo, dynamically clusters search results into subject or topical categories for easier browsing.

The blog search tool it has developed aggregates and clusters results from several well-known blog engines:
  • Blogdigger
  • Daypop
  • Feedster
  • Technorati
  • Blogpulse
  • IceRocket

Well, of course I went ahead and tried a metasearch for, what else, "Library Boy".

Interesting results: the topical clusters are along the left. "Grateful Dead" was one of the categories (???) but that mystery soon cleared up when I discovered that one of the major Deadhead blogs is written by SLC Library Boy (SLC = Salt Lake City). No relation.

I was pleased to see how many people had linked to me and I had a good laugh when I saw how many young women had crushes on cute guys they refer to as "Library Boy" (usually along the lines of "Ohmygosh. Library Boy smiled at me today..." or the occasionally raunchier posting). NO, I am not any of those Library Boys.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 7:23 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home