Thursday, May 18, 2006

Library Marketing Blog

We are launching our new catalogue in the next few weeks (or "library management system" if you want to get fancy about these things) and we are also starting to gear up for the next batch of law clerks to whom we will need to propagandize about all of the fabulous services we offer.

So, of course, my mind turns to "marketing".

As I was fishing around for ideas, I came across a fascinating blog called Library Marketing-Thinking Outside the Book.

It was created in January 2005 by the Undergraduate Services Librarian Jill Stover at Virginia Commonwealth University and links to many other marketing and branding resources.

As Jill explains: "I decided to write this blog because I'm learning a lot about marketing and how to apply it to my job, so I thought I'd share what I know with fellow librarians. I don't consider myself an expert, but I'm definitely a marketing enthusiast who thinks that librarians need to know how to market their services. I hope that one day all librarians will learn to love marketing!"

There are additional ideas in the marketing section of the Library Success - Best Practices Wiki.

Earlier Library Boy posts on marketing and law libraries and/or websites include:

I have also linked at various times to Marketing Treasures, a free electronic newsletter with marketing ideas for information professionals.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 7:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home