CALL 2008 Conference - Practical Applications of Web 2.0
Her presentation was about Practical Applications of Web 2.0 Technology (she made her presentation available online on Slideshare).
Her message can be boiled down to a few principles:
- learn from others in the profession who are using blogs, wikis, social bookmarking tools
- mix it up a little - here, she pointed to examples such a LegalPubs that cut and paste RSS feeds from different sources. This can allow for targeting information to specific practice groups in a law firm or professors in academia
- share what you know via blogging, podcasting or screencasting about what the library does best
- get involved in librarian online social networks
- put it in your work schedule to learn and play