Tuesday, January 13, 2009

IT Trend Watch for Info Professionals

At the start of every year, various luminaries provide their list of trends to watch.

Here are some articles to ponder:
  • Future Trends in Personal Technology (Link-Up Digital, January 1, 2009): "The advertising industry is among those sectors of society charged with keeping track of current, and possible future, trends. JWT, formerly J. Walter Thompson, is the world's fourth largest and perhaps best-known advertising agency, and it just released a report titled '10 Trends for 2009.' The report includes some insightful predictions ..."
  • Review of the Year 2008 and Trends Watch—Part 2 (Information Today Newsbreaks, January 8, 2009): "I [Paula J. Hane, Newsbreak editor] cover the trends I’ll be watching in 2009 that I expect to have an impact on libraries and the information industry. I also present a wrap-up with links to some of the most interesting coverage from other commentators and analysts. "
  • Ten Trends & Technologies for 2009 (Tame the Web blog, January 12, 2009): "This year, I’m focusing on some ideas and technologies that I believe will impact everyone. These things will surely influence library users and nonusers alike. My biggest concern is how can libraries respond in turbulent economic times. So, here goes. "
  • Eric Lease Morgan’s Top Tech Trends for ALA Mid-Winter, 2009 (LITA Blog, January 10, 2009): at every conference of the American Library Association, there is a session on top tech trends.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 12:21 pm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


sharon

Term Life Insurance

11:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home