Canadian Copyright Reform Consultations Begin
There are a number of ways Canadians can participate:
- there is an online submission centre
- an online discussion forum
- roundtables and 2 townhalls with experts, stakeholders and Canadians - audio and video transcripts will be available
The consultation asks 5 questions:
- How do Canada’s copyright laws affect you? How should existing laws be modernized?
- Based on Canadian values and interests, how should copyright changes be made in order to withstand the test of time?
- What sorts of copyright changes do you believe would best foster innovation and creativity in Canada?
- What sorts of copyright changes do you believe would best foster competition and investment in Canada?
- What kinds of changes would best position Canada as a leader in the global, digital economy?
The consultations will run until September 13, 2009.