Keeping Up With Canadian Copyright Reform Hearings
For example, today he provided a breakdown of the positions taken by recent submissions to the hearings.
Also today, his blog published a summary of what has been said in the hundreds of online comments made on the government's copyright consultation website.
The consultation, which runs to mid-September, is asking 5 questions:
- How do Canada’s copyright laws affect you? How should existing laws be modernized?
- Based on Canadian values and interests, how should copyright changes be made in order to withstand the test of time?
- What sorts of copyright changes do you believe would best foster innovation and creativity in Canada?
- What sorts of copyright changes do you believe would best foster competition and investment in Canada?
- What kinds of changes would best position Canada as a leader in the global, digital economy?