Canada's Privacy Commissioner Questions Google Buzz
Google Buzz adds real-time sharing features found on popular social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook to the Google Gmail service.
The problem: Buzz would more or less automatically add Gmail user's most emailed contacts as "followers".
More on the controversy:
- Wrong kind of buzz around Google Buzz (Evgeny Morozov, Foreign Policy, February 11, 2010)
- Google Buzz Already Raising Privacy Concerns (Connie Crosby, Slaw.ca, February 15, 2010)
- Privacy commissioner reviewing Google Buzz (CBC News, February 16, 2010)
- Latest privacy nightmare: Google Buzz in the Workplace (Privacy Compliance & Date Security blog by a Philadelphia law firm, February 16, 2010)
- A new Buzz start-up experience based on your feedback (Official Gmail Blog, February 13, 2010)