Canadian Association of Law Libraries Launches Webinar Series
The first webinar to kick off the program will be held Wednesday, May 19th: "Getting Started with Online Conferencing" (in other words, a webinar about webinars).
Times: 10 am BC/11 am AB & SK/12 pm MB/1 pm ON & QC/2 pm NB, NS. PE/2:30 NL
The webinar will be conducted by Laura Quinn, Executive Director of Idealware.
According to the announcement:
"We’ll talk about the features that can help you conduct meetings or trainings over the Web – desktop sharing, slide shows, chat functionality, polls, voice conferencing, and more. Then we look at some of the free and affordable options, such as Glance, DimDim, Yugma, GoToMeeting, ReadyTalk, and Adobe Connect. We’ll close with some tips and tricks about conducting training via the web."This first webinar in the series is free to CALL members.
"The agenda includes:
• What is an Online Conference?
• Components and Features
• Shared Visuals (documents, desktops, and videos)
• Audio Conferencing
• A Selection of Vendors
• Desktop Sharing (Screenstream, TeamViewer, Glance)
• Inexpensive and Unproven (WebHuddle, Yugma, DimDim)
• More Established (GoToMeeting, WebEx, Adobe Connect, ReadyTalk, Elluminate)
• Tips for a Successful Online Conference"
To register, contact the CALL office: office AT callacbd.ca