Canadian Association of Law Libraries 2012 Conference - Judicial Librarians Meet
Judicial librarians meet informally once a year at the CALL conference to exchange info about projects and concerns.
Some of the things we discussed include:
- what kind of performance measures different libraries use
- examples of special services we offer: examples include electronic journal table of contents services, online posting of practice notes for judges, bulletins outlining important foreign court decisions, bibliographies of academic commentary on judgments rendered, etc.
- there was discussion of e-book trends in judicial libraries: it appears that most libraries do offer access to some e-books from different vendors but via the browser as opposed to devices of e-book readers - so far...
- the group has been compiling a list of social media policies of different Canadian courts. This will be published later this year on the CALL website
- During the rest of the year, I hope to post more detailed information about many of the issues listed above