Monday, June 17, 2013

CLA Government Library Network Interview With Eileen Lewis, Legislative Assembly of Ontario

For the past few months, the CLA Government Library and Information Management Professionals Network, part of the Canadian Library Association (CLA), has been publishing 13 Questions With..., a series on its website that profiles a member of the Canadian library and IM community every week.

This week's interview is with Eileen Lewis, Research Librarian, Legislative Assembly of Ontario.

She was a member of the organizing committee that planned the 2012 annual conference of the Canadian Association of Law Libraries in Toronto.

Excerpt:
"How do you stay current in your field?
I’m really lucky to have a fantastic network around me. Being surrounded by so many inspiring librarians through work, professional associations, and in social circles is a great way to stay tuned into the issues and broader discussions in our field, as well as to challenge yourself to engage. Of course, there’s a fantastic wealth of professional literature out there, and I try to stay current with that, but for me the best way to keep up is to keep up with my network. I’m a textbook extrovert, so to really get thinking critically, I need to get talking first."

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 5:55 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home