CLA Government Library Network Interviews With Government Info Librarians
In celebration of Government Information Day taking place today at the University of Ottawa, the Network has presented three profiles this week:
- 13 Questions With… Catherine McGoveran (Government Information Librarian, University of Ottawa)
- 13 Questions With… Michelle Lake (Government Publications Librarian, Concordia University Libraries)
- 13 Questions With… Amanda Wakaruk (Government Information Librarian, University of Alberta Libraries)
- Access to government information is the foundation of a functioning democracy and underpins informed citizen engagement.
- Government information has enduring value. Don’t waste precious time re-questioning this fact and do your librarianly duties.
- Government information is precarious and requires stewardship.
- Government publications and documents are different than most books, journals, and content born on the Internet.