Primary Research Group Report on Bundled Journals Package Contract Negotiations Benchmarks
"The study presents data from 37 libraries and consortia, predominantly research university libraries, about their experiences in negotiating bundled packages of journal subscriptions with major publishers. The report gives detailed information on which librarians by work title play the primary role in negotiations, the role of others in the organization, such as legal counsel, and spending on negotiation training. The study also looks at the provisions of contracts, providing data on the percentage of contracts with financial distress cancellation clauses, with title swapping privileges, provisions for perpetual access, and use of non-disclosure agreements and other contract terms."Print and PDF versions are available for $109(US). Site licenses are also available.
Earlier Library Boy posts about Primary Research Group include:
- Primary Research Group Report on Library Database Licensing Practices (January 15, 2011)
- Law Library Benchmarks 2012-13 (April 23, 2012)
- Law Library Benchmarks 2014 (April 10, 2014)
- Survey of Law Library Database Licensing Practices (February 14, 2016)
- Survey of US Law School Faculty: Evaluation of the Law Library (April 21, 2016)