Primary Research Group Report on Benchmarks for Academic Library Use of Bibliometrics & Altmetrics
"This study presents data from 20 predominantly research universities in the USA, continental Europe, the UK, Canada and Australia/New Zealand. Among the survey participants are: Carnegie Mellon, Cambridge University, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya the University at Albany, the University of Melbourne, Florida State University, the University of Alberta and Victoria University of Wellington."
"The report gives detailed data on the use of various bibliometric and altmetric tools such as Google Scholar, Web of Science, Scimago, Plum Analytics, and many, many others. The 114-page report presents detailed information on staffing, budgets, marketing, sources of demand, technology and other factors in bibliometric and altmetric service development."Print and PDF versions are available for $109(US). Site licenses are also available.
Earlier Library Boy posts about Primary Research Group include:
- Primary Research Group Report on Library Database Licensing Practices (January 15, 2011)
- Law Library Benchmarks 2012-13 (April 23, 2012)
- Law Library Benchmarks 2014 (April 10, 2014)
- Survey of Law Library Database Licensing Practices (February 14, 2016)
- Survey of US Law School Faculty: Evaluation of the Law Library (April 21, 2016)
- Primary Research Group Report on Bundled Journals Package Contract Negotiations Benchmarks (June 19, 2016)