Monday, November 26, 2018

Five Questions with Kirsten Clement - Library of Parliament

The Canadian Association of Law Libraries (CALL) has been running a series of member profiles called Five Questions With...

The most recent interview is with Kirsten Clement, Research Librarian at the Library of Parliament in Ottawa:
"How has being involved in CALL helped you professionally (e.g. scholarships & grants, continuing education, networking)?
In 2016, I had the opportunity to attend the New Law Librarians Institute at the University of Ottawa. It was a phenomenal experience for me both in terms of professional development and networking and it really opened my eyes to the many types of environments where law librarians work. I found it provided an excellent grounding both in many substantive aspects of the law and in terms of legal librarianship skills development, and it really made me feel more confident in the way I approached my job. I have stayed connected with a number of people I met through NLLI and am even co-chairing the National Capital Association of Law Librarians (NCALL) with one of them, a law librarian at the Supreme Court, this year! I also had the chance to attend my first CALL conference in Halifax this past May, which was also an inspiring and engaging learning opportunity and a real chance to almost get an even broader aerial view of trends and issues in the legal information profession."

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 6:34 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home