Monday, January 07, 2019

13 Questions With Gillian Whichelo Data Governance Analyst

The librarianship.ca website has been running a series of librarian profiles called 13 Questions With ...

Here is the most recent one with Gillian Whichelo, Data Governance Analyst, Government of Canada:
"Why a career in librarianship?
I decided to become an archivist when I was 14 years old. I had a meeting with the school career’s advisor and I asked if she could suggest something to do with history. She replied that I could become an archivist but that ‘it was very difficult to get into’. So as a stroppy teenager, I decided that I would do my utmost to prove her wrong! 
Over the years, my career has evolved. I currently work as an information management consultant for Government departments and I find that I am always learning, always challenging my thinking and I would say the information management profession is a vocation, rather than a career."

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 12:31 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home