Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Five Questions with Iain Sinclair, Knowledge Manager, Stewart McKelvey

The Canadian Association of Law Libraries (CALL) has been running a series of member profiles called Five Questions With... 

The most recent interview is with Iain Sinclair, Knowledge Manager with the law firm Stewart McKelvey in Saint John, New Brunswick:
"How has being involved in CALL helped you professionally (e.g. scholarships & grants, continuing education, networking)?
As a solo librarian and the only private law firm librarian in New Brunswick, I was very fortunate to have Cyndi Murphy as a colleague and mentor from our Halifax office. She had ensured that the firm’s job description for my position included funding for membership in CALL and attendance at the annual CALL conferences. My first CALL conference was the site of the 2020 conference - Hamilton - and I met people there who I am still in touch with today, both on a professional and personal level. CALL has been vital in allowing me to develop a contact network of fellow legal information professionals. This network has allowed me to achieve a performance standard at my work that would not otherwise have been possible. In addition to the personal contacts I have made through CALL, attendance and participation at the annual conference has greatly contributed to my professional development. Volunteering for a variety of positions with CALL over the years, including various special interest groups, committees, and the CALL executive, has also contributed enormously to my understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of our profession."

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 6:30 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home