Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Law Library of Congress Interview With Louis Myers, Librarian-in-Residence

 In Custodia Legis, the blog of the Law Library of Congress in Washington, D.C., has posted an interview with Louis Myers, Librarian-in-Residence. It is part of an ongoing series of interviews:

"Why did you want to work at the Law Library of Congress?
To me, the Library of Congress is the most well-respected library in the world—where else would I want to work? But on a more serious note, I think the opportunity to work with the largest legal collection on the planet and have the opportunity to learn from the expert law librarians here will be a defining moment in my career, and will truly create a framework that I will carry with me no matter where law librarianship takes me. Each morning when I wake up I am still in awe that my job is with the Library of Congress."

"What is the most interesting fact you’ve learned about the Law Library of Congress?
During one of the first weeks I learned that our foreign law collection is so large and comprehensive that foreign governments sometimes ask us to share our copies of their laws when they need to do primary source research. That is pretty cool!"

The Law Library of Congress is the world’s largest law library, with a collection of almost 3 million volumes from all ages of history and virtually every jurisdiction in the world.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 7:16 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home