Wednesday, June 07, 2023

Law Library of Congress Interview With Olivia Kane-Cruz, Librarian-in-Residence

In Custodia Legis, the blog of the Law Library of Congress in Washington, D.C., has posted an interview with Olivia Kane-Cruz, Librarian-in-Residence

It is part of an ongoing series of interviews about the kinds of work staff do behind the scenes:

"How do you describe your job to other people?
At the heart of my job, I am a reference librarian; I help provide access to legal resources. But I also get to do many different projects as part of my job. For example, I am currently working on the inventory for the bills and resolutions for the 117th Congress, I co-presented a webinar on Recent Developments in U.S. Foreign Relations Law and Research Strategies, and I had the opportunity to lead a group of six interns to create a navigation aid for the Statutes at Large digital collection (...)"

"What is the most interesting fact that you’ve learned about the Law Library?
We only have about 1% of the law collection in the Law Library Reading Room and the rest of the collection is in the closed stacks or in the off-site storage. The most interesting fact to me, is the Law Library’s closed stacks is located underneath our feet in the Madison Building and is approximately two football fields of compact shelving."

The Law Library of Congress is the world’s largest law library, with a collection of almost 3 million volumes from all ages of history and virtually every jurisdiction in the world.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 5:55 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home