Thursday, August 18, 2005

Vacation Time - I'm Off for Two Weeks!

I haven't been making very long posts recently for 2 reasons:

1) I had to prepare for my vacation that begins Saturday - my wife and I are flying off to British Columbia to hike and camp, visit abandoned mines, see whales, do some rafting, try not to fall off horses, and fight off rattlesnakes in the desert-like part of the province near the U.S. border. My wife also plans to jump off a cliff while we're there - OK,OK, she wants to take paragliding lessons. To me, it sounds like jumping off a cliff... We have not told her mother about any of this.

2) since a few days ago, I now also have to prepare to move to another city - in late September, we will be moving to Ottawa where I start a new reference librarian job at the Supreme Court of Canada (more when I get back from B.C.). My wife will be freelancing as a graphic designer.

Let's see: I have to uproot and move hundreds of kilometres East of here in a few weeks so the logical thing to do is to take off until close to Labour Day by going thousands of kilometres West of here... "Living on the edge". Maybe I'll jump off that cliff too. Just kidding: we already have a place to stay in Ottawa while looking for permanent digs. If anyone knows of a place up for rent as of late Sept/early October, you know where to find me...

See you around Labour Day.
Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 8:44 pm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Michel-Adrien, on getting the new job in Ottawa. I'm happy for you!

10:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home