Library Day in the Life Project Round 6
American librarian Bobbi L. Newman started the idea of blogging about A Day in the life of a Librarian and the idea then morphed into the Library Day in the Life project wiki.
The project asks librarians to share stories about what a "typical" workday encompasses. There are hundreds of contributions so far.
Here is how to get involved as per the wiki's instructions:
Here is my contribution from an earlier round in 2009. I will try to cook something up for Round 6.
Any one who works in a library can participate. You may share your day (or week) on your blog, Twitter, Flickr and/or YouTube (or any other way you choose. If you have none of these don't worry, just create a new page in the wiki and post your day there. Once you decided on your format(s)
- Create a PB Wiki account (it's free)!
- Add your name, your job title (so we can see what you do at a glance) and a link to your blog, Twitter, Flickr and/or YouTube account. BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO DELETE OR EDIT ENTRIES OF OTHERS.
- Start capturing your day.
- Include your job title and the type of library you work in at the beginning of your post.
- Include a link back to librarydayinthelife the wiki
- Bloggers, Flickr & YouTube users tag your posts with librarydayinthelife. Twitters use the #libday6
- After your first post come back and edit this page to change your blog link to a link to your tagged posts
- Add your Flickr photos or videos to the Group on Flickr and/or join the Facebook Page.
- Follow along!