Canadian Association of Law Libraries Webinar on Real/Personal Property Law
"Questions / topics to be covered will include:It is part of CALL's 2014-2015 series of webinars on substantive law.
- How is property law taught in law school?
- More specifically, the following concepts will be discussed:
- Research tips for researching property law
- Personal property: ownership versus possession; "finder's-keepers" law; conversion; bailment; security interests in personal property
- Real property:
- Interests in land
- Land title regimes versus Registry Act regimes
- Restrictive covenants against land / easements
- The dreaded "rule against perpetuities"
- Buying and selling land
- Creating your own research guides and pathfinders for researching property law"
The speaker is Ted Tjaden, national litigation precedents lawyer in Gowlings’ Toronto office. He is the author of Legal Research and Writing, 3rd ed (Toronto: Irwin Law, 2010).
The webinar will take place from 1 to 2:30PM Eastern Time.
CALL/ACBD Member: $40 + $5.20 HST = $45.20
Non-member: $60 + $7.80 HST = $67.80
Student Rate: $25 + $3.25 HST = $28.25
It is possible to register online.