The Institute of Advanced Legal Studies in the United Kingdom recently launched the FLARE Index to Treaties
, a searchable database of basic information on over 1,500 of the most significant multilateral treaties from 1856 to the present.
Information comes from many sources such as Multilateral Treaties: index and current status
(London: Butterworths, 1984, tenth supplement, 1994), International Legal Materials
(Washington: American Society of International Law, 1962-) , Bulletin of International Legal Developments/Bulletin of Legal Developments
(London: British Institute of International and Comparative Law, 1966-), United Nations Treaty Series Index
Information about each treaty includes:
- the official, popular and alternative titles of the treaty;
- the date on which the treaty was concluded;
- the place where the treaty was concluded;
- where the full text of the treaty can be found in printed publications;
- links to where the text is available on the internet
- the name of the state or international organisation acting as depository for the treaty; etc.
A more detailed description is available on the LLRX.com website.
Labels: databases, international law, treaties