Canadian Association of Law Libraries Conference Vendor Demos
The vendors are demoing their new offerings this afternoon at the annual conference of the Canadian Association of Law Libraries in Calgary.
First up was LexisNexis.
Among the enhancements I would mention:
1) Quickcite now includes citations to commentary (journals and Halsbury's Laws of Canada)
2) Quickcite will soon add regulations to its citator (Sept 2011)
3) in Quicklaw searching, it is possible to add topics to search, going down up to 6 levels in each area of law, based on the Canada Digest classification system
4) a new sort option exists for case search results: sort by citation frequency
5) there is a new quick lookup tool that allows the searcher in Quicklaw to highlight text and use a drop-down to launch a search in the QL statutes database, Halsbury's, words and phrases, various websites, Wikipedia etc.