Why You Need to Attend Annual Conferences
- Building a network
- Access to the legal publishing industry
- Developing new or existing skills
- Transfer of tacit knowledge from colleagues
- Learning the latest trends and technique
- Meeting future staff members
"I get tired of hearing that conference attendance is a 'perk'. It is absolutely not. When I have attended the CALL [Canadian Association of Law Libraries] conference through the years, it is always an intense few days, seeing me connecting, sharing and learning from 7:30 am often until midnight. There is little down time for leisure activity as we try to pack as much as humanly possible in a few short days."