WILU 2016 Library Instruction Conference in Vancouver
WILU stands for Workshop for Instruction in Library Use and is an annual conference devoted to research and innovations in the area of information literacy and library instruction.
The organizers sent out a call for proposals last week:
"The theme of the WILU 2016 conference is Intersections. Intersections refers to:WILU was founded in 1972.
- education that is instructor lead and community generated;
- the growing interdependence of information literacy and digital literacy;
- the pedagogical impact on practice in the classroom;
- the growth of educational innovation and reflective sustainable practices;
- preparation for academic work and building enthusiasm for life-long learning; and
- the goals of the library nurturing an information literate community through partnerships outside of our own institutions. "